Master's course Civil and Environmental Engineering
In the master’s program Civil Engineering a collective deepening of fundamental knowledge takes place, as well as an individual specialization – either in the field of Constructional Engineering, Traffic, Infrastructure and Hydrology, or Geotechnics and Tunnel Construction. A special focus of the RUB lies in the area of numerical simulation methods. This encompasses the implementation of fundamental skillsets as well as the application of these skills in the various specialization programs.
An overview of the various specializations can be found here.
- command an extensive knowledge of classical and current scientific engineering theories;
- have expertise in the systematic comparison of theories and the ability to critically judge based on scientific competencies;
- can boast of differential knowledge of norms and dimensioning approaches;
- are capable of independently developing questions and working in the context of small research projects or projects;
- are able to build upon the fundamental knowledge and learn for life.
The same goes for the Master’s program Environmental Engineering and Resources Management (EERM).
LOCAL ADMISSION RESTRICTION FOR THE MASTER’S PROGRAM
Local admission restrictions have been introduced for the master’s programs of the faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering. The master’s program can be begun in the summer or in the winter semester.
The application period ends on the 15th January for the summer semester and on the 15th July for the winter semester. Information on the application process can be found under application.
Applicants with foreign citizenship and school-leaving qualifications and/or studies abroad can find information on the application process at the international office .