Corona Update 14.07.2020:
In order to give you an overview of the courses offered by the faculty in the "Corona Semester", we have compiled a table of all courses, sorted by course number:
To the courses offered by the Faculty B+U in SoSe 2020 (as of July 14, 2020)
To the courses offered by the Faculty MB in SoSe 2020 (as of April 20, 2020)
The automatic registration of examinations in the Bachelor and Master courses of Civil Engineering and UTRM will be suspended in the summer semester 2020. All examinations must be registered independently within the registration period.
Registration of examinations in the Bachelor and Master programmes Civil Engineering and UTRM is possible via FlexNow from 15.06. to 15.07.2020. For exams with PVL an extended registration period until 14 days prior to the exam date applies. In justified exceptional cases, registration within this period can also be made by the Examinations Office. Please send an e-mail stating the examination(s) to email@example.com.
Cancellations of examinations in the Bachelor and Master programmes Civil Engineering and UTRM are possible in the summer semester 2020 until one week before the examination date in FlexNow or by e-mail to the Examination Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Free attempt: In accordance with the Corona Epidemic University Ordinance of the State of NRW, examination attempts that are taken in the summer semester 2020 and are not passed will be cancelled. This regulation can be claimed once for each module final examination. If the free attempt has already been used for a postponed examination of the last examination week of the winter semester or for an examination of the special date, the renewed failure to pass the repeat examination in the same module in the regular examination phase will be assessed normally. Please note that this regulation differs from the originally communicated regulation due to the legal situation which has changed in the meantime.
For examinations in the penultimate attempt (i.e. in the second of three possible attempts) to which the free attempt regulation applies, an oral supplementary examination can only be taken once. The decision whether the oral supplementary examination is taken for the free attempt or, if applicable, for the following attempt, is made when you register for the supplementary examination. The registration for the oral supplementary examination must be submitted to the examiner no later than one week after the examination. A claim to an oral supplementary examination exists only if at least 35% of the points required to pass the written examination have been achieved.
Medical certificates for examinations during reduced hours must be sent digitally (as a scan or photo of the fully completed certificate form) to email@example.com.
The following general rules apply to inspection of written examinations during the reduced operation of the RUB:
- Examinations can only be viewed after prior appointment. To register for exam viewing, a group is usually set up in the corresponding Moodle course in which students who want to take the exam can register. If there is a high number of registrations, those students who have not passed the exam will be given preference when setting the dates. The chair can also set a later date for the inspection of passed exams, because the grades can be changed later if necessary. The relevant announcements of the chairs on Moodle must be observed.
- The duration of the examination inspection is limited to 15 minutes. Questions must be submitted in writing and will be answered by e-mail after the examination. The chairs may make different arrangements.
Applications for final examinations can be made during reduced operation by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the chair supervising the examination. The possibility of having the topic handed out, which can also be done by e-mail if necessary, should be clarified with the supervising chair. Please use only your RUB e-mail address for communication with the Examination Office.
Ongoing theses that have to be handed in during the reduced operation have to be sent as pdf-documents by e-mail to email@example.com and the supervising chair. The printed version can be handed in after the end of the reduced operation. For the presentation of final theses in a lecture during the reduced operation, instead of a lecture, the submission of the slide presentation by e-mail to the supervising chair is sufficient, as long as there is no possibility for a video-based execution of the lecture. Prolongations of theses can be requested informally by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and the supervising chair. Please use only your RUB e-mail address for communication with the Examination Office.
Inability to participate in an Examination
If you are unable to take an examination due to health reasons, you must present a doctor’s certificate.
Procedure - Recognition of inability to take an examination
1. Print the certificate of the inability to take an exam.
2. Fill out the upper part of the form.
3. Your doctor should fill out the lower part of the form.
4. The complete form must be handed in to the examination office directly after the exam, at the latest one week after the exam date. The stamp with the date of reception of the document from the examination office is decisive. You can hand in the form in person during office hours or leave it in the examination office letterbox out of hours. Please take into account that the letterbox is only emptied once per day (usually in the morning). If the certificate has not been received in the correct version on time by the examination office, the examination shall be counted as 'failed' 5,0.
Only the official certificates of the Faculty of Civil and Environmental Engineering will be accepted for the attestation of the inability to take an examination.
All examination periods until the winter semester 2021/22 are listed in the following table: